This one has been a long time coming but I’m excited to finally be able to share my latest project for Spotify: the Viva Latino Podcast!!!
It’s been so much fun to co-produce and co-host this with my fellow Spotifier, AJ “El Kallejero” Ramos. Together, we bring you that “arroz con pollo” flavor. Lots of fun conversations in Spanglish, music geekery, laughter, and yes, the occasional “Oprah” teary-eyed moment. In one episode of Season 1 in particular, we all got emotional with one of the biggest names in Latin music.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Viva Latino podcast takes you behind the streams of Latin music’s biggest superstars, featuring insightful interviews and unique data stories behind today’s global Latin hits.
- This is a unique, audio-driven brand extension of Viva Latino—Spotify’s biggest Latin playlist globally. You can think of this as the “cousin” of the playlist.
- Season 1 launched on Nov. 30, with Jennifer Lopez as our first guest. YES. J.LO. JENNY FROM THE BLOCK. LA LOPEZ. I still can’t believe it. But yes, it happened. And now I can die happy. By the way, the JLo episode got a ton of press because she was her magical self and opened up about a bunch of stuff, including her relationship with Marc Anthony, the lasting legacy of Selena Quintanilla, her current view on love, her bucket list, the proudest moments of her musical career, and so much more. Here’s one article in particular that does it justice on E!.
- The podcast is currently available in the following territories: US, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay.
- Season 1 features interviews with J Balvin, Bad Bunny, Daddy Yankee, Anitta, Prince Royce, Becky G, Carlos Vives, Residente, Bomba Estéreo, Jesse & Joy, and Pablo Alborán.
So check it out here, be sure to FOLLOW IT so you don’t miss a single episode!!! Enjoy the amazing line-up we have for Season 1.
Shout out to everyone who made this possible: Natalie, Baron, Whitney, Andrew, Ayleen, William, Fred, Jack, and Rocio.
Thanks for listening!!!